Finally a weekend during which I can concentrate on some sweet computer lurking, or so I thought. Turns out there is socializing activities to be attending these days as well (in very good company, but nevertheless) and I will probably not be as efficient as I hoped.
I have however been able to start working on a variable which functions as a multiplier for the difficulty of the game. This multiplier goes up as the player climbs the tower, making it harder and harder to reach higher heights. In order to do this well I had to redesign my core slightly to give a higher resolution of position updates and time steps. I did not get everything working today, but I did make good progress. The climbing goes faster and faster as the game progresses. The speed is reset on restart and generated obstacles and the monster movement is all in relation to the multiplier.
Off to the forest park with me.