Progress is slow but steady. Some new stuff:
Brake animation when turning while running, climbing (coded and animated) on walls, in the ceiling and in the background.
I have also made several adjustments to the movement engine, both to make it better and to get rid of some events (math is really useful).
Some preliminary water has been added. I want to have prettier water in the future, but what I have now is sufficient for making the swimming part of the movement engine.
I will add some more animations and fixes to the movement, to make the transition between animations and the movement of the sprite smoother, then it’s time to begin working on one of the main weapons, the sabres. This will require that I finish the item engine to some extent.