32

My project diary/portfolio page which is also the very site you are staring at right now.

Update Feb 2017

I have iterated a bit on the webpage, simplifying the layout and replacing the free-wall javascript library with flex containers. I have also replaced wordpress category icons via some weird plugin for a custom php solution where I look for specific images on the webpage. I now have these “feature” images for all projects, inspired from Google Play, which have a landscape layout and are supposed to replace both icon and title.

Site updates

Since some time back I have been making efforts to make this page look less shit and more polished and unique. I’m using WordPress, but I’m not so impressed by that system at this point (that’s partly why I am making Ztinker). However for the time I will just deal with it.

I have worked with the general looks of the content, centering images and justifying text. I have worked on the header, making it look better and better. I have also created custom looks for my landing and about me-pages. The landing page is the most interesting part right now. There is still some work to do but I’m slowly getting there. The idea is to have a horizontal slider for each category of projects I’m working on.

I added a sort of parallax effect by having a non-scrolling background and all the rest on a foreground.

The responsive menu is fucked up, I will have to look into that.

Small fixes

I’m leaving for Visby for a conference tomorrow, so I spent the evening fixing some really annoying bugs on my webpage. The responsive menu did not place itself correctly when it appeared. There was also and issue with that the content of projects leaked over on the left side, adding a transparent column of nothing. I managed to remove these ugly bugs and also made more of the menu text readable by changing the color of it. I also took the time to change to a more fitting background gif, though I really need to make my own if I’m going to keep it. : P I also adjust the background so that it fills the screen.

In the future I need to fix the text so that it is nicely aligned horizontally everywhere (it’s leaning to the left for some reason now) and make the background parallax. I also need to look into the design of my vertical scroll bars in the start page so that the look nice on both mobile and desktop environments. : )